Generation No. 1
1. William HOGAN was born bef. 1862, and died bef. 1944. He married SARAH SHELL, daughter of John SHELL and Letitia YOUNG, Jan. 6, 1873? (UNCONFIRMED DATE) in Hamilton County, TN. She was born abt. 1846 in Tennessee, & died aft. 1880.
Children of HUSBAND HOGAN and SARAH are:
2. i. WILLIAM FRANK (W.F.) HOGAN, b. March 25, 1872, Hamilton County, Tennessee; d. Oct. 19, 1948.
ii. Mary Ann HOGAN, b. May 20, 1876, Hamilton County, Tennessee, d. 1-Aug-1913.
m. John Fletcher Wilson, born 1864, Georgia, d. 12-Jan-1960, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM FRANK (W.F.) HOGAN (William) was born March 25, 1872 in Hamilton County, Tennessee, & died Oct. 19, 1948 in Hamilton County, TN. He married 1st Mary Ann MORGAN on Nov. 11, 1894, daughter of George F. MORGAN and Mary (Mollie). He married 2nd MIRANDA JANE WALKER. She was born July 15, 1883, & died April 11, 1940.
Mary Ann is buried at Talley Cemetery in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
William appeared on the 1880 Hamilton County, Tenn. Census. William's father died before he was 5. At his death (Oct. 20, 1948) he left 48 grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren.
Both W.F. and Miranda are buried at Maddux Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn.
Children of WILLIAM HOGAN and Mary Ann MORGAN are:
i. WILLIAM OSCAR HOGAN, b. Feb. 1, 1896, d. March 1963.
He married Purnell RYALLS. Will died of a heart attack.
3. ii. EFFIE LILLIAN HOGAN, b. May 4, 1898, Chattanooga, Tennessee; d. Dec. 4, 1970, Chattanooga, Tennessee.
4. iii. CHESTER S. "BUCK" HOGAN, b. Oct. 7, 1900 in Hamilton Co., TN.; d. Feb. 19, 1955, Ooltewah, Tennessee.
iv. ANNA BELLE HOGAN, b. Feb. 19, 1903; m. GRANVILLE ELLIS; b. 12/11/1900, Harrison, Tennessee (Hamilton County), TN.
Belle died 12-1-1991 from a heart attack/congestive heart failure
v. HAZEL MEXIE HOGAN, b. 5/18/1911, Harrison, Tennessee (Hamilton County), TN; m. ALMON WILSON on 3/15/1933; He was b. 5/27/1909 & d. Dec. 18, 1985.
Mexie died from a heart attack on Dec. 19, 1958, Hamilton County, TN..
vi. Jesse Franklin (JAY) HOGAN, b. Aug. 29, 1909, d. Aug. 26, 1963. He married Martha SMITH.
Children of William HOGAN and Miranda Jane WALKER:
vii. John HOGAN, b. June 6, 1916
viii. Nora HOGAN, b. May 12, 1919
ix. Lillie HOGAN, b. May 9, 1921
x. Maggie HOGAN, b. Jan. 15, 1923
Generation No. 3
3. EFFIE LILLIAN HOGAN (WILLIAM FRANK (W.F.), HUSBAND) was born May 04, 1898 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and died Dec. 4, 1970 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. She married SAMUEL DEWITT LOWE bef. 1918, son of JIM LOWE & LOU WESTMORELAND. He was born May 11, 1892 in Harrison, Tennessee (Hamilton County), TN, & died Nov. 10, 1942 in Ringgold, Georgia.
Both Effie and Sam are buried at Maddox Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn.
Effie loved to travel. She had an aunt called "Aunt Rodie" who lived at Chicamauga. She worked making rugs at Sweetwater Rug Co. in Ringgold, GA. Effie was a member of New Bethel Baptist Church in Harrison, Tenn. At the time of her death (Dec. 1970 heart attack), she left 23 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren. Rev. Paul Stone & Rev. Harold Howell officiated at her funeral.
SAMUEL DEWITT LOWE bought a 160 acre farm from original GA land lottery owner. Sam died from Pneumonia, the year before penicillin was developed.
Children of EFFIE HOGAN and SAMUEL LOWE are:
5. i. H.D. LOWE, b. 1920, Hamilton County, Tennessee (Harrison, TN).
6. ii. M.P. LOWE, b. 1918.
7. iii. E.E. LOWE, b. 1923.
iv. JACK "LITTLE JACK" LOWE, b. April 28, 1926; d. July 08, 1926.
8. v. A.L. LOWE, b. 1927.
9. vi. L.R. LOWE, b. 1931.
vii. NELLIE CHRISTINE LOWE, b. April 19, 1936; d. May 01, 1936.
viii. LEONARD LEBRON LOWE, b. Oct. 13, 1938; d. Oct. 13, 1938.
ix. INFANT SON LOWE, b. Feb. 19, 1941; d. Feb. 19, 1941.
4. CHESTER S. "BUCK" HOGAN (WILLIAM FRANK (W.F.), HUSBAND) was born Oct. 7, 1900, & died Feb. 19, 1955 in Ooltewah, Tennessee. He married EVA Ealine MCDANIEL. She was born Oct. 20, 1904, & died May 5, 1970.
Both Chester and Eva are buried at Maddux Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn.
Children of CHESTER HOGAN and EVA MCDANIEL are:
i. W.M.L. HOGAN, b. 1924; m. COFFMAN, Chattanooga, Tennessee; b. aft. 1900.
ii. D.E. HOGAN, b. 1928; m. BOWLING, Miami, Florida.
iii. F.M. HOGAN, b. 1932; m. OWSLEY in 1950, Kokomo, Indiana.
iv. C.E. HOGAN, b. 1922, Tennessee.
v. H.O. HOGAN, b. 1935, Ooltewah, Tennessee.
vi. ROY E. HOGAN, b. Feb. 2, 1940, Ooltewah, Tennessee; d. March 28, 1993. Roy m. EARLENE R. ?, November 1961; b. 1943. Roy is buried at Maddux Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn.
vii. B.E. HOGAN, b. 1947, Ooltewah, Tennessee.