1. WILLIAM KING LOWE was born Oct. 18, 1819. He married E. ELIZABETH ?. She was born Feb. 5, 1820. They are both buried at Maddux Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn.
Children of WILLIAM LOWE and E. Elizabeth are:
2. i. JIM S. LOWE, b. bef. Sept. 1847; d. Sept. 28, 1945, Ringgold, GA.
ii. TALITHA A. LOWE, b. 1847; d. 1898. TALITHA is buried at Maddux Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn.
iii. REUBEN L. LOWE, b. Dec. 21, 1861; d. Oct. 15, 1888. REUBEN is buried at Maddux Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn.
Generation No. 2
2. JIM or James S. LOWE (WILLIAM KING) was born Bef. Sept. 1847, & died Sept. 28, 1945 in Ringgold, Georgia.
He married LOU ELIZA WESTMORELAND Aft. 1850. She was born 1856 in Harrison, Tennessee (Hamilton County), & died Feb. 13, 1935 in Harrison, Tenn. (Hamilton County).
Jim was a resident of Harrison, Tenn. for many years.
His tombstone says he lived 1855-1945, but this is not the original concrete slates that were his &his wife's grave markers - these have been put up pretty recently.
Jim is remembered as being pretty tall.
Lisa is said to have attended New Bethel Baptist Church with her husband. She was a member of Harrison Methodist Episcopal Church from 1871-1935 at the time of her death
(source: Feb. 14, 1935 Chattanooga Times). At the time of her death, she left 51 grandchildren & 24 great-grandchildren.
One Lowe cousin says that the parents of both Jim & Eliza died very young & that Jim's uncle raised the two of them & they fell in love & got married. JIM & ELIZA are both buried at Maddux Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn.
Children of JIM LOWE and LOU WESTMORELAND are:
i. JOHNNY LOWE.
ii. JOHN LOWE, m. MAKINTURF.
iii. JOE LOWE, m. MARTIN.
iv. MINNIE LOWE, m. GLOVER.
v. DIOLA LOWE, m. GLOVER.
vi. ELLEN LOWE, m. STANIFER.
vii. BELLE LOWE, m. WILSON.
viii. OLLIE LOWE, m. MCDANIEL.
3. ix. EMMA "AUNT EM" LOWE m. Alvin MARTIN
4. x. W. "HUSS" LOWE, b. 1890; d. 1966, m. Chassie DEFRIECE
xi. LEE LOWE died as a small child
5. xii. SAMUEL DEWITT LOWE; b. May 11, 1892, Harrison, Tenn. (Hamilton County). d. Nov. 10, 1942, Ringgold, GA.
Generation No. 3
3. EMMA "AUNT EM" LOWE (JIM S., WILLIAM KING). She married ALVIN MARTIN in Chattanooga, Tennessee. ALVIN collected antique cars from the 1920's. Emma & Alvin had twin daughters.
4. W. "HUSS" LOWE (JIM S., WILLIAM KING) was born 1890, & died 1966. He married CHASSIE DEFRIECE. She was born 1893, & died 1983. Huss drove a school bus during the days when you had to buy your own bus. After 34 years, he had never had an accident in his bus. "HUSS" & CHASSIE are both buried at Maddux Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn.
Children of W. LOWE and CHASSIE DEFRIECE are:
i. L. JAY LOWE, b. Aft. 1900.
ii. M.A. LOWE, b. abt. 1910, Harrison, Tennessee / Hamilton Co.
iii. LEO LESTER "LEE" LOWE, b. Oct. 31, 1914; d. Sept. 25, 1917. Lee is buried at Maddux Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn.
5. SAMUEL DEWITT LOWE (JIM S., WILLIAM KING) was born May 11, 1892 in Harrison, Tennessee (Hamilton County),
& died Nov. 10, 1942 in Ringgold, GA. He married EFFIE LILLIAN HOGAN bef. 1918, daughter of WILLIAM HOGAN & MIRANDA MORGAN. She was born May 4, 1898 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, & died Dec. 4, 1970 in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Sam died of Pneumonia, before penicillin was developed. He is buried at Maddux Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn. He bought a 160 acre farm from the original GA land lottery owner.
Effie worked making rugs at Sweetwater Rug Co. in Ringgold, GA. Effie was a member of New Bethel Baptist Church in Harrison, Tenn. She died from a Heart attack & was buried at Maddox Cemetery in Harrison, Tenn. The Rev. Paul Stone & Rev. Harold Howell officiated at her funeral. At the time of her death (Dec. 1970), she left 23 grandchildren & 6 great-grandchildren.
Children of SAMUEL LOWE and EFFIE HOGAN are:
i. H.D. LOWE, b. 1920, Harrison, Tennessee (Hamilton Co.) m. L.L. TRUNDLE.
ii. M.P. LOWE, b. 1918, m. Claude BALLEW.
iii. E.E. LOWE, b. 1923.
iv. JACK "LITTLE JACK" LOWE, b. April 28, 1926; d. July 8, 1926.
v. A.L. LOWE, b. 1927.
vi. L.R. LOWE, b. 1931.
vii. NELLIE CHRISTINE LOWE, b. April 19, 1936; d. May 1, 1936.
viii. LEONARD LEBRON LOWE, b. Oct. 13, 1938; d. Oct. 13, 1938.
ix. INFANT SON LOWE, b. Feb. 19, 1941; d. Feb. 19, 1941.