Generation No. 1
1. NICHOLAS ROCHESTER was born abt. 1640 in County Kent, England, & died 1719 in Westmoreland County, VA. He married Ann, b. abt 1650 in England. Nicholas immigrated abt. 1689 to Westmoreland County, VA.
Child of NICHOLAS ROCHESTER is:
2. i. WILLIAM ROCHESTER, b. abt. 1680, England; d. abt. Oct. 23, 1750.
Generation No. 2
2. WILLIAM ROCHESTER (NICHOLAS) was born betw. 1660-1680 in England, & died abt. Oct. 23, 1750. He married 1st PHILLIS DUNCAN betw. 1705-1710, daughter of John DUNCAN. She was born abt. 1670 in Virginia. He married 2nd Elinor ? abt 1760.
Child of WILLIAM ROCHESTER and PHILLIS DUNCAN is:
i. JOHN ROCHESTER, b. abt 1708 in Virginia, m. THRIFT abt 1740 in VA.
3. ii. WILLIAM ROCHESTER, b. 1710; d. July 1767.
Generation No. 3
3. WILLIAM ROCHESTER (WILLIAM, NICHOLAS) was born 1710, & died July 1767. He married (1) MARY ASBURY, b. abt. 1714 in Virginia. She died 1757. He married (2) ELINOR JONES. She died 1800.
Child of WILLIAM ROCHESTER and MARY ASBURY is:
4. i. NICHOLAS ROCHESTER, b. 1753, Westmoreland County, VA; d. Oct. 23, 1831.
Generation No. 4
4. NICHOLAS ROCHESTER (WILLIAM, WILLIAM, NICHOLAS) was born 1753 in Westmoreland County, VA, & died Oct. 23, 1831. He married ANNA STOWERS (b. 1764, SC) in 1788.
Child of NICHOLAS ROCHESTER and ANNA STOWERS is:
i. William ROCHESTER, b. March 3, 1780 in SC.
5.ii. REUBEN ROCHESTER, b. Sept. 1, 1786; d. Jan. 2, 1815.
iii. Nathaniel ROCHESTER, b. May 29 1789 in SC.
iv. Susannah ROCHESTER, b. May 1, 1791 in SC.
v. Nancy ROCHESTER, b. Sept. 4, 1793 in SC.
vi. Asbury ROCHESTER, b. April 26, 1795, SC, m. Sara Ann LEE (b. May 1802, SC).
vii. Allen ROCHESTER, b. Dec. 1, 1796 in SC.
viii. Elizabeth ROCHESTER, b. June 1, 1799 in SC.
ix. Sarah ROCHESTER, b. June 15, 1801 in SC.
x. John ROCHESTER, b. Feb. 10, 1804 in SC.
Generation No. 5
5. REUBEN ROCHESTER (NICHOLAS, WILLIAM, WILLIAM, NICHOLAS) was born Sept. 1, 1786, & died Jan. 2, 1815. He married ELIZABETH ?. She was born in Newberry County, SC.
Child of REUBEN ROCHESTER and ELIZABETH ? is:
6. i. JOHN ROCHESTER, b. May 11, 1810; d. 1897.
Generation No. 6
6. JOHN ROCHESTER (REUBEN, NICHOLAS, WILLIAM, WILLIAM, NICHOLAS) was born May 11, 1810, & died 1897. He married SUSANNA LINDSEY.
Child of JOHN ROCHESTER and SUSANNA LINDSEY is:
7. i. MARTHA ELLEN ROCHESTER, b. Sept. 11, 1860, d. Dec. 2, 1927, Travelers Rest, SC.
Generation No. 7
7. MARTHA ELLEN ROCHESTER (JOHN, REUBEN, NICHOLAS, WILLIAM, WILLIAM, NICHOLAS) was born Sept. 11, 1860, & died Dec. 2, 1927 in Travelers Rest, SC. She married ALEXANDER DAVID HOWARD, son of ENOCH HOWARD and NANCY PITMAN. He was born Aug. 24, 1857, & died Oct. 10, 1937 in Travelers Rest, SC. They lived near Mush Creek Baptist Church - the house has been renovated but is still there.
Children of MARTHA ROCHESTER and ALEXANDER HOWARD are:
8. i. LULA TESSIE ORA HOWARD, b. Feb. 16, 1878, Tigerville, Greenville County, SC, d. April 11, 1953, Greer, Greenville County, SC.
9. ii. LILLIE JANE HOWARD, b. bef. 1930.
iii. ENOCH MILFORD HOWARD.
iv. JOHN MITCHELL HOWARD.
v. THOMAS GEORGE HOWARD.
vi. WILLIAM MONROE HOWARD.
vii. MILLIE D. HOWARD.
viii. DEWEY HOWARD.
Generation No. 8
8. LULA TESSIE ORA HOWARD (MARTHA ELLEN ROCHESTER, JOHN, REUBEN, NICHOLAS, WILLIAM, WILLIAM, NICHOLAS) was born Feb. 16, 1878 in Tigerville, Greenville County, SC, & died April 11, 1953 in Greer, Greenville County, SC. She married JOSEPH ELIJAH "JOE" BARNETTE Bef. 1905, son of JAMES BARNETTE & DEMASSEY SHELTON. He was born Sept. 18, 1872 in Marietta, Greenville County, SC, & died July 9, 1946 in Greer, Greenville County, SC (at home).
Notes for LULA TESSIE ORA HOWARD:
Her obituary was published in the April 12, 1953 edition of the Greenville News. She was survived by 4 sons and adopted daughter. Lula was buried at Fairview Baptist Church Cemetery, Greer, SC
Notes for JOSEPH ELIJAH "JOE" BARNETTE:
His death notice was published in the Greenville News on July 10, 1946. He was survived by his wife, 4 sons, adopted daughter, brother (David), sister (Maria), 2 half-brothers (James Henry and Frank), 1 half-sister & 20 grandchildren.
Joseph was buried at Fairview Baptist Church Cemetery, Greer, SC
Children of LULA HOWARD and JOSEPH BARNETTE are:
10. i. REV. HOSEA GUY BARNETTE, b. Nov. 21, 1898; d. Feb. 7, 1987.
ii. HUEY BARNETTE, b. Nov. 30, 1901, Greenville County, SC, d. Feb. 15, 1971, Greer, SC, m. CLARA BELLE MASON; b. Nov. 12, 1899; d. Oct. 4, 1976.
11. iii. JOSEPH HAROLD BARNETTE, b. Aug. 22, 1907, New Liberty, SC, d. March 1, 1978, Allen Bennett Hospital, Greer, SC.
12. iv. EUGENE BARNETTE, b. Sept. 25, 1914, Greenville County, SC, d. Dec. 16, 1992, Greer, SC.
13. vi. WALTER ELIJAH BARNETTE, b. Sept. 10, 1904, d. May 9, 1943, Taylors, SC.
9. LILLIE JANE HOWARD (MARTHA ELLEN ROCHESTER, JOHN, REUBEN, NICHOLAS, WILLIAM, WILLIAM, NICHOLAS) was born bef. 1930. She married RICHARD DEKALB "CAB" FLETCHER. He was born bef. 1930.
Children of LILLIE HOWARD and RICHARD FLETCHER are:
14. i. O. FLETCHER, b. aft. 1930.
ii. S. WINSLOW, b. bef. 1930; Adopted.
Generation No. 9
10. REV. HOSEA GUY BARNETTE (LULA TESSIE ORA HOWARD, MARTHA ELLEN ROCHESTER, JOHN, REUBEN, NICHOLAS, WILLIAM, WILLIAM, NICHOLAS) was born Nov. 21, 1898, & died Feb. 7, 1987. He married ETHEL INEZ WALDROP. She was born Jan. 22, 1905.
Children of HOSEA BARNETTE and ETHEL WALDROP are:
i. G.W. BARNETTE, b. 1932; m. S.A. RAINES.
ii. E.I. BARNETTE, b. 1931; m. H.M. EGGERS.